If you’re a regular reader of the blog then you’ll know that I’m not a fan of diets, so if I was being facetious I’d say that almost anything you choose to do today would be better than going on a diet.
However, in a non-facetious way I have put together a list of 20 things (in no particular order, as they say on the X factor) that I think any mom would be better off doing today than starting a diet.
- Take a walk. Long or short, fast or slow.
- Go on a “date” with your partner.
- Kiss your kids.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Watch an old movie.
- Make a den with your kids and hide in it.
- Go on a picnic.
- Read a book.
- Shop for clothes that make you feel and look great.
- Learn a new recipe and cook it.
- Meet a friend for coffee.
- Ring a family member you haven’t spoken to in a while for a chat.
- Do that ‘thing’ you’ve been putting off for ages.
- Give yourself a manicure / pedicure.
- Take a relaxing bath.
- Shop for your favourite foods and enjoy eating them.
- Meditate / practise yoga.
- Start a gratitude diary and look at all the positive things you have in your life.
- Make a bucket list of all the things you want to do before the end of the year.
Why? Because living your life now is the best way to stop thinking about food and eating and begin to lose weight naturally.
For more ideas about how moms can lose weight without dieting you can download my free report; “3 Secrets EVERY mum needs to know about losing weight”.